Sunday, October 4, 2009

Tommy's Diary for Kessler
Monday, September 15, 2008 - Mom is interviewing yet another potential therapist...she looks kind...she seems fun...maybe this one will be ok.
Sunday, October 10 - I like Kessler. She isn't just here to boss me around. She's here to really play! We had fun!
Monday, October 20 - Kessler came today. We played hard and laughed a lot.
Wednesday, October 22 - I was sooo happy the whole time Kessler was here. I have decided that I love her :D
Monday, October 27 - Today Kessler took me to the Publix for a cookie. She helped me use my words at the store and then at Hammond Park in the sand box. Some people stared at us..Kessler was proud to be with me.
Wednesday, October 29 - I hated Cobblestone Therapy today!! I was so upset I wet my pants. Why does Mom keep takingme there? The only fun part of this day was my 3 wonderful hours with Kessler!!
Wednesday, November 5 - Uh Oh! Kessler saw mom scream and get mad because I put poop all over myself and then jumped on the trampoline. I guess that was a wrong thing to do.
Friday, November 14 - I missed Kessler this week. She had to go home sad because her Grandma passed away.
Friday, November 21 - This week, I showed Kessler how fast I can ride my bike!
Wednesday, December 3 - Today was Kessler's birthday, and we all drove to my favorite place. The cupcake bakery! We lit candles in our cupcakes and sang my favorite song to Kessler.
Monday, December 8 - I managed to poop NEAR the potty and Kessler said I did a good job getting so near. She is sooooo positive!! :D
Wednesday, December 31 - I LOVED today. Kessler gave me the best New Year's ever by taking me to Duck Poop Park. I swang sooo high....THEN we got CHICKEN! It was AWESOME!
Wednesday, January 21 - I just can't figure out why Mom thinks it's such a big deal that I pooped in the potty for Kessler. The truth is, Kessler is relaxed and makes me want to poop in the potty like it's no big deal. That's why.
Monday, February 23 - Me and Kessler like playing with Deven at Floortime Atlanta...She's really fun...I don't know what to think about her office building though...don't like the hallway much.
Monday, March 6 - Mom made another important decision today. My teacher Kathy told mom I'd be better off with Mom and Kessler this summer than I would in extended year services with a bunch of people who didn't know me...I get to play with Kessler and Mom all summer!!! YAY!
Friday, April 3 - Mom is a little sad. She says Kessler might be getting a new job.
Friday, April 10 - Mom is happy again because Kessler's job other job did not offer the right things! Kessler seems happy too! YAY!
Monday, April 27 - Mom and Kessler taught me to ask a question, "Where?" to find things...it's fun!
Friday, May 8 - Today is teacher appreciation day. I appreciate Kessler so much!!
Monday, May 18 - I like Deven, and I love Floortime, but I can't go to that building anymore....it's like something out of The Shining.
Wednesday, June 3 - I'm starting to feel terrified in new buildings, parking lots, stairwells...but with Kessler, I always feel safe.
Friday, June 10 - Kessler took me to Sensations Therafun Gym today. She helped me play with other kids. We had a blast!
Wednesday, July 8 - Kessler and me hit Waffle House today!! My Favorite!
Thursday, August 13 - It has been REALLY tough starting my new school...but coming home to play with Kessler is wonderful. Kessler makes me WANT to talk, and she makes me WANT to play. I love her.
Monday, August 24 - My year with Kessler is almost over. She has to start her practicum and get a real job soon. Mom is sad and trying to get ready for that.
Wednesday, August 26 - Kessler got a great position in Dekalb County. But I know we'll still play together once in awhile.
Friday, August 28, 2009 - This is Kessler's last day of regular work with me, but it's sure not the last day of our friendship. She has loved me unconditionally, made me feel safe, and taught me that playing with people (well, at least with her) is a blast!! She has brought my words out and helped me notice the world. She has swung me, rocked me, carried me, jumped with me, danced with me, played drums with me, kicked balls with me, gone swimming with me, taken me places, and fed me millions of popsicles! I love her.
Thank You, Kessler, for a wonderful, communcative, awesome year of fun!!!
Love,
Tommy
p.s. Monday, October 5 - Mom has an interview with another therapist this Friday (yyaaaaawwwn)...maybe this one will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment